- November 14, 2019: The 30th annual Math Day welcomes more than 100 schools and 1,500 students to campus for a day for fast-paced mathematics. Math Day involves two individual mathematics competitions, the PROBE I and PROBE II exams, and a team competition in the form of a double-elimination bowl tournament.
- October 11, 2019: The 13th Annual Pi Mu Epsilon Lecture "Using Mathematics to Create Symmetry Patterns" by Professor Joseph Gallian (University of Minnesota Duluth)
- September 21-22, 2019: The KUMUNU Conference is an annual gathering named for three hotbeds of commutative algebra – the universities of Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska. Supported in part by the National Science Foundation, the conference format consists of six to eight 45-minute expository talks on commutative algebra and related topics, such as representation theory and algebraic geometry. The roster of speakers typically consists of a balance of established spokespeople and talented youngsters, as well as a mix of regional and national experts. The 2019 conference will be held at UNL in Burnett Hall.
- Deadline Sept. 13, 2019: Order a mathematics department T-shirt or hoodie before Sept. 13. The graphic shows the state outline, filled with a tiling by Sir Roger Penrose modeled after the wooden wall piece in Avery Hall constructed by Earl Kramer, artist and emeritus professor of mathematics.
- Departmental News Archives...