- Jan. 25-27, 2019: Christine Darden of NASA, Zhilan Feng of Purdue, and Margaret Holen are the distinguished plenary speakers for the 21st annual Nebraska Conference for Undergraduate Women in Mathematics. See the schedule to attend these plenary talks. Dr. Darden, included in the book "Hidden Figures," will also give a talk for all students, faculty, and staff at 1:30 p.m. in the Nebraska Union Auditorium on Friday, Jan. 25, for MLK Week. Live stream
- November 15, 2018: The 29th annual Math Day welcomes 97 schools and more than 1,500 students to campus for a day for fast-paced mathematics. Math Day involves two individual mathematics competitions, the PROBE I and PROBE II exams, and a team competition in the form of a double-elimination bowl tournament.
- November 2, 2018: The Fall 2018 Howard Rowlee Lecture will be given on Friday, November 2, by Professor Ruy Exel, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina and UNL.
- October 19, 2018: The 12th Annual Pi Mu Epsilon Lecture "A New Look at an Old Calculus" by Professor Robert Ghrist (University of Pennsylvania)
- April 27, 2018: The Spring 2018 Howard Rowlee Lecture was given on Friday, April 27, by Professor David Benson, University of Aberdeen.
- Deadline Feb. 25, 2018: Order a mathematics department T-shirt or hoodie before Feb. 25. The graphic shows the state outline, filled with a tiling by Sir Roger Penrose modeled after the wooden wall piece in Avery Hall constructed by Earl Kramer, artist and emeritus professor of mathematics.
- Departmental News Archives...