- November 15, 2018: The 29th annual Math Day welcomes 97 schools and more than 1,500 students to campus for a day for fast-paced mathematics. Math Day involves two individual mathematics competitions, the PROBE I and PROBE II exams, and a team competition in the form of a double-elimination bowl tournament.
- November 2, 2018: The Fall 2018 Howard Rowlee Lecture will be given on Friday, November 2, by Professor Ruy Exel, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina and UNL.
- October 19, 2018: The 12th Annual Pi Mu Epsilon Lecture "A New Look at an Old Calculus" by Professor Robert Ghrist (University of Pennsylvania)
- April 27, 2018: The Spring 2018 Howard Rowlee Lecture was given on Friday, April 27, by Professor David Benson, University of Aberdeen.
- Deadline Feb. 25, 2018: Order a mathematics department T-shirt or hoodie before Feb. 25. The graphic shows the state outline, filled with a tiling by Sir Roger Penrose modeled after the wooden wall piece in Avery Hall constructed by Earl Kramer, artist and emeritus professor of mathematics.
- Departmental News Archives...