Beginning March 30, the MRC will be running as an online resource according to the hours listed to the right. There are two ways to get help with eligible math courses - note that these links will not work until March 30:
The Mathematics Resource Center is committed to continuing to provide support for students enrolled in First-Year Mathematics courses (Math 100A, 101, 102, 103, 104, 106, and 107) as the university moves to a remote instruction model. The physical location for the MRC, Avery 13, will be closed for the remainder of the semester.
For the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester, students will have two options for reaching out to counselors for assistance in their mathematics courses:
- All students in First-Year Mathematics courses will be enrolled in a Canvas course called “Online Mathematics Resource Center”. Students can use “Piazza” from the left-hand menu on this Canvas page to submit questions to MRC counselors at any time of the day. A few additional notes:
- Instructions for Using Piazza - Please read this resource to learn about posting questions to Piazza
- Although students can submit questions at any time, counselors will only answer questions during regular MRC hours, so students should allow for ample time for their questions to be answered before assignments would be due.
- Students may use the links below according to the time of day and course to join a Zoom meeting with a counselor who can answer questions that they have while studying.
- Counselors will do their best to help students in the order in which they join the Zoom meetings.
- Students should be patient with the counselors, as providing feedback in a remote format takes more time compared to providing feedback in person.
Please contact the Director of the Mathematics Resource Center, Dr. Josh Brummer, with any questions or concerns.
Meeting with a Tutor Via Zoom
To access a tutor, go to unl.zoom.us, and log in with your NU credentials. Once you have logged into Zoom, on this webpage, use the table below to click the course link (corresponding with the subject with which you wish to receive help) during the present time/day slot and you will be taken to their Zoom meeting room and they should be with you shortly.
Hours and Locations (Beginning Monday March 30)
Spring 2020 Semester:
Monday – Thursday
12:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Friday and Sunday
12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Hours will change during Finals Week, updates will be posted here.Closed during student holidays and Spring and Fall Breaks.