This monograph, published in 2001, examines mathematical models in hydrology, especially those dealing with the transport of chemical contaminants in subsurface water conduits.
The department currently has job openings available.
To schedule a colloquium, click here.
- Dec 5-6: 2013: Math in the City workshop
- Nov 21, 2013: A record 1728 register for Math Day 2013.
- Nov 14, 2013: The Mathematics department hosts a public lecture by Mike Hopkins "Mathematical invariants: how to know the answer in advance". See the Omaha World-Herald article.
- Nov 5, 2013: Congratulations to UNL mathematicians John Meakin and Srikanth Iyengar who have been named fellows of the American Mathematical Society. They join an esteemed group of mathematicians from across the world, including five fellows from UNL inducted in 2012.
- Nov 4, 2013: Congratulations to Yvonne Lai, selected for the 2013-14 Research Development Fellows Program, an initiative to help pre-tenure faculty successfully compete for grants.
- Oct 25, 2013: Peterson Conference: A celebration of the many accomplishments of Professor Allan Peterson.
- Jul 16, 2013: $5.5 million grant forms OPS Teacher Leader Academy. The Sherwood Foundation and the Lozier Foundation have partnered to provide the grant to support a three-year partnership between Omaha Public Schools and the UNL Center for Science, Mathematics and Computer Education.
- Apr 25, 2013: George Eyre Andrews, of The Pennsylvania State University, will deliver the 2013 Howard Rowlee Lecture at 4:00pm on Thursday, April 25, 2013, in 115 Avery Hall.
- Apr 15, 2013: Dean David Manderscheid congratulates the Nebraska Conference for Undergraduate Women in Mathematics (NCUWM) for being chosen to receive the "Mathematics Programs that Make a Difference" award of the American Mathematical Society.
- Apr 15, 2013: The 2013 Department Recognition Reception will be held Monday, April 15, 5:30–7:00, at the Schorr Center
- Departmental News Archives...