- October 7, 2016: The 10th Annual Pi Mu Epsilon Lecture "Breaking Enigma the First Time" by Dr. David Saltman (Center for Communications Research)
- October 3, 2016: New Undergraduate Lounge for Math Majors is opening in 18 Avery Hall.
- Mar 17, 2016: Jordan Ellenberg, the John D. MacArthur Professor of Mathematics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, will give the 2016 Howard Rowlee Lecture at 4:00pm in 115 Avery Hall.
- Mar 3, 2016: We are excited to announce three new hires: Huijing Du, Tri Lai, and Xavier Perez will be joining our faculty in Fall 2016. Huijing Du conducts research in computational and mathematical biological modeling. Tri Lai examines enumerative and algebraic combinatorics. Xavier Perez's interests include probabilistic methods in combinatorics.
- September 29, 2015: Judy Walker, Aaron Douglas Professor and Chair of the Department of Mathematics, is the recipient of the 2016 Louise Hay Award. The award will be presented at the Joint Prize Session at the JMM in Seattle, WA in January 2016.
- Departmental News Archives...
How to Apply
Let curiosity move you to start your story at the College of Arts and Sciences. With over 30 majors in the college alone, specialized programs of study to match any interest area, the opportunity for hands-on experience through our nationally-acclaimed undergraduate research program, and a campus located at the heart of an innovative college city community of over 250,000 people, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln offers the ideal Big Ten collegiate experience for students at an affordable cost.Apply now