Allan Peterson is a co-editor of this research monograph on dynamic equations on time scales. This book is designed to bring the researcher up-to-date in many of the recent discoveries in dynamic equations on time scales. These topics include solving numerous dynamic equations, introducing nabla dynamic equations, self-adjoint equations with mixed derivatives, the theory of delta and nabla integration, upper and lower solutions, positive solutions, disconjugacy, boundary value problems on infinite intervals, and symplectic systems. For more information see Allan Peterson's webpage or Birkhäuser's webpage for this book.
- April 25, 2013: George Eyre Andrews, of The Pennsylvania State University, will deliver the 2013 Howard Rowlee Lecture at 4:00pm on Thursday, April 25, 2013, in 115 Avery Hall.
- April 15, 2013: Dean David Manderscheid congratulates the Nebraska Conference for Undergraduate Women in Mathematics (NCUWM) for being chosen to receive the "Mathematics Programs that Make a Difference" award of the American Mathematical Society.
- April 15, 2013: The 2013 Department Recognition Reception will be held Monday, April 15, 5:30–7:00, at the Schorr Center
- Mar 19, 2013: The NebraskaMath program, led by Professor Jim Lewis, has published a magazine on the Primarily Math project.
- Feb 1, 2013: The Department of Mathematics won the Chancellor's STEM Award.
- Nov 15, 2012: Math Day 2012
- Nov 13, 2012: Carina Curto was recognized as a College of Arts and Sciences Academic Star.
- Nov 5, 2012: Tom Danaher received the October 2012 Applause award.
- Nov 1, 2012: Six UNL mathematicians named AMS fellows, including professors Luchezar Avramov, Jim Lewis, David Manderscheid and Judy Walker and emeriti professors Roger Wiegand and Sylvia Wiegand.
- September 17, 2012: Bill Velez's colloquium and the department's efforts to encourage more students to add a mathematics major were featured in the Daily Nebraskan.
- July 15-21, 2012: High school girls are invited to apply for a week of ALL GIRLS/ALL MATH. The Summer Mathematics Camp for High School Girls provides a stimulating and supportive environment for girls to develop their mathematical ability and interest.
- Departmental News Archives...