Allan Peterson is a co-author of this textbook on difference equations. In addition to the topics covered in the first edition of this book, included is phase plane analysis on linear systems, the study of periodic systems (Floquet Theory), Sarkovskii's theorem, and an appendix that illustrates how the technical computing system Mathematica can be used to assist in many of the computations that one encounters in the study of difference equations. For more information see Allan Peterson's webpage or Harcourt/Academic Press's webpage for this book .
The department currently has job openings available.
To schedule a colloquium, click here.
- Apr 7, 2015: Congratulations to Aaron Calderon on winning a Goldwater Scholarship.
- Apr 7, 2015: Congratulations to William Jamieson on his NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- Mar 13, 2015: Congratulations to Allan Donsig for receiving a College Distinguished Teaching Award.
- Feb 20, 2015: Congratulations to the CSMCE’s Lindsay Augustyn for winning the Floyd S. Oldt Outstanding Staff Award.
- Jan 30, 2015: Mathematics instructors Derek Boeckner, Christine Kelley, John Myers, William Rogge, Chris True, and Cory Wright, honored for contributions to students.
- Jan 26, 2015: Lewis begins NSF leadership appointment. Jim Lewis, an Aaron Douglas Professor of mathematics, will contribute expertise to advancing U.S. efforts in education by assuming the leadership position of deputy assistant director with the National Science Foundation Directorate for Education and Human Resources.
- Jan 23-25 2015: Nebraska Conference for Undergraduate Women in Mathematics
- Jan 13, 2015: Congratulations to Anisah Numan on receiving Honorable Mention Graduate Student Research Poster for the AWM Workshop Poster session at the Joint Math Meetings in San Antonio.
- Jan 11, 2015: UNL's Lewis earns national math service award. Jim Lewis, director of UNL’s Center for Science, Mathematics and Computer Education, received the Mathematical Association of America’s highest award for service at a session of the Joint Mathematics Meetings in San Antonio.
- Nov 20, 2014: 1,506 students from 105 Nebraska high schools participated in the 25th annual UNL Math Day.
- Aug 27, 2014: Over the summer, the math resource center was renovated. It is a beautiful and welcoming space.
- Jul 7-11, 2014: Sara Reynolds won the "Best Poster Award" for her poster at the AWM workshop at the SIAM meeting in July 2014.
- Apr 15-16, 2014: Jeremy Trageser's "Finite Time Blowup in Nonlinear Suspension Bridge Models" was a Graduate Poster Session Award Winner at the Spring 2014 Research fair.
- Departmental News Archives...