Allan Peterson is a co-editor of this research monograph on dynamic equations on time scales. This book is designed to bring the researcher up-to-date in many of the recent discoveries in dynamic equations on time scales. These topics include solving numerous dynamic equations, introducing nabla dynamic equations, self-adjoint equations with mixed derivatives, the theory of delta and nabla integration, upper and lower solutions, positive solutions, disconjugacy, boundary value problems on infinite intervals, and symplectic systems. For more information see Allan Peterson's webpage or Birkhäuser's webpage for this book.
The department currently has job openings available.
To schedule a colloquium, click here.
- Apr 1, 2014: Tony DeRose, Research Group Lead at Pixar Animation Studios, will deliver the 2014 Howard Rowlee Lecture at 4:30pm on Tuesday, April 1, 2014, in Nebraska Union Auditorium (UNL City Campus).
- Jan 31-Feb 2 2014: Nebraska Conference for Undergraduate Women in Mathematics
- Dec 5-6 2013: Math in the City workshop
- Nov 21, 2013: A record 1728 register for Math Day 2013.
- Nov 14, 2013: The Mathematics department hosts a public lecture by Mike Hopkins "Mathematical invariants: how to know the answer in advance". See the Omaha World-Herald article.
- Nov 5, 2013: Congratulations to UNL mathematicians John Meakin and Srikanth Iyengar who have been named fellows of the American Mathematical Society. They join an esteemed group of mathematicians from across the world, including five fellows from UNL inducted in 2012.
- Nov 4, 2013: Congratulations to Yvonne Lai, selected for the 2013-14 Research Development Fellows Program, an initiative to help pre-tenure faculty successfully compete for grants.
- Oct 25, 2013: Peterson Conference: A celebration of the many accomplishments of Professor Allan Peterson.
- Departmental News Archives...