Allan Peterson is a co-author of this textbook on difference equations. In addition to the topics covered in the first edition of this book, included is phase plane analysis on linear systems, the study of periodic systems (Floquet Theory), Sarkovskii's theorem, and an appendix that illustrates how the technical computing system Mathematica can be used to assist in many of the computations that one encounters in the study of difference equations. For more information see Allan Peterson's webpage or Harcourt/Academic Press's webpage for this book .
- Apr 6, 2014: Congratulations to Judy Walker receiving the University of Nebraska's Outstanding Teaching and Instructional Creativity Award. The OTICA recognizes faculty who have demonstrated meritorious and sustained records of excellence and creativity in teaching.
- Apr 1, 2014: Tony DeRose, Research Group Lead at Pixar Animation Studios, will deliver the 2014 Howard Rowlee Lecture at 4:30pm on Tuesday, April 1, 2014, in Nebraska Union Auditorium (UNL City Campus).
- Mar 11, 2014 Congratulations to Mark Brittenham and Petronela Radu for receiving College of Arts and Sciences Distinguished Teaching Awards. College Distinguished Teaching Awards are $1,000 awards in recognition of consistent excellence in teaching.
- Mar 4, 2014: Congratulations to Mark Walker, who received a Willa Cather professorship. The Willa Cather/Charles Bessey professorship honors a full professor with an exceptional record of distinguished scholarship or creative activity.
- Mar 3, 2014: Congratulations to Petronela Radu for receiving the College of Arts and Sciences Hazel R. McClymont award. The McClymont Award, which is chosen by the faculty instructional development committee, honors exemplary teaching and carries a $6,000 stipend.
- Jan 31-Feb 2 2014: Nebraska Conference for Undergraduate Women in Mathematics
- Dec 5-6 2013: Math in the City workshop
- Nov 21, 2013: A record 1728 register for Math Day 2013.
- Nov 14, 2013: The Mathematics department hosts a public lecture by Mike Hopkins "Mathematical invariants: how to know the answer in advance". See the Omaha World-Herald article.
- Nov 5, 2013: Congratulations to UNL mathematicians John Meakin and Srikanth Iyengar who have been named fellows of the American Mathematical Society. They join an esteemed group of mathematicians from across the world, including five fellows from UNL inducted in 2012.
- Nov 4, 2013: Congratulations to Yvonne Lai, selected for the 2013-14 Research Development Fellows Program, an initiative to help pre-tenure faculty successfully compete for grants.
- Oct 25, 2013: Peterson Conference: A celebration of the many accomplishments of Professor Allan Peterson.
- Departmental News Archives...