- Mar 17, 2016: Jordan Ellenberg, the John D. MacArthur Professor of Mathematics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, will give the 2016 Howard Rowlee Lecture at 4:00pm in 115 Avery Hall.
- Mar 3, 2016: We are excited to announce three new hires: Huijing Du, Tri Lai, and Xavier Perez will be joining our faculty in Fall 2016. Huijing Du conducts research in computational and mathematical biological modeling. Tri Lai examines enumerative and algebraic combinatorics. Xavier Perez's interests include probabilistic methods in combinatorics.
- September 29, 2015: Judy Walker, Aaron Douglas Professor and Chair of the Department of Mathematics, is the recipient of the 2016 Louise Hay Award. The award will be presented at the Joint Prize Session at the JMM in Seattle, WA in January 2016.
- May 29, 2015: The Department website gets a new look with new University styled templates. Please bear with us as some things may be in different places or not work as expected. If you need access to the old site, you can see it at pi.unl.edu.
- May 04, 2015: The Department hosts a special tea time reception at 3:30pm in the lounge in honor of our retiring colleagues, Steve Dunbar and John Meakin.
- Apr 27, 2015: The Department Annual Recognition Reception is 5:15pm-6:45pm Monday, April 27, 2015 in the Wick Alumni Center Great Hall.
- Apr 21, 2015 Congratulations to Christina Edholm for winning a UNL Research Fair Graduate Poster Session award for her poster “Optimal Control of Diaprepes Root Weevil”.
- Apr 18-19, 2015: The Department hosts a conference on Recent Developments in Continuum Mechanics and PDEs.
- Apr 17, 2015: Irene Fonseca, Mellon College of Science University Professor of Mathematics at Carnegie Mellon University, delivers the 2015 Howard Rowlee Lecture at 4:00pm in 115 Avery Hall.
- Apr 15, 2015: Jim Lewis received the 2015 AMS Award for Impact on the Teaching and Learning of Mathematics.
- Apr 7, 2015: Congratulations to Aaron Calderon on winning a Goldwater Scholarship.
- Apr 7, 2015: Congratulations to William Jamieson on his NSF Graduate Research Fellowship.
- Mar 13, 2015: Congratulations to Allan Donsig for receiving a College Distinguished Teaching Award.
- Departmental News Archives...
How to Apply
Let curiosity move you to start your story at the College of Arts and Sciences. With over 30 majors in the college alone, specialized programs of study to match any interest area, the opportunity for hands-on experience through our nationally-acclaimed undergraduate research program, and a campus located at the heart of an innovative college city community of over 250,000 people, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln offers the ideal Big Ten collegiate experience for students at an affordable cost.Apply now