- November 1st, 2017: The 11th Annual Pi Mu Epsilon Lecture "Maxwell's Problem, 150 years later: from bridges to nano-mechanics" by Professor Ileana Streinu (Smith College)
- April 21-23, 2017:
The 2017 Howard Rowlee Lecture will be given on Friday, April 21, by Professor Marta Lewicka of the University of Pittsburgh.
The Lecture will be followed by the 2017 KUMUNU Conference on PDE, Dynamical Systems and Applications, April 22-23.
- October 7, 2016: The 10th Annual Pi Mu Epsilon Lecture "Breaking Enigma the First Time" by Dr. David Saltman (Center for Communications Research)
- October 3, 2016: New Undergraduate Lounge for Math Majors is opening in 18 Avery Hall.
- Mar 17, 2016: Jordan Ellenberg, the John D. MacArthur Professor of Mathematics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, will give the 2016 Howard Rowlee Lecture at 4:00pm in 115 Avery Hall.
- Mar 3, 2016: We are excited to announce three new hires: Huijing Du, Tri Lai, and Xavier Perez will be joining our faculty in Fall 2016. Huijing Du conducts research in computational and mathematical biological modeling. Tri Lai examines enumerative and algebraic combinatorics. Xavier Perez's interests include probabilistic methods in combinatorics.
- Departmental News Archives...
How to Apply
Let curiosity move you to start your story at the College of Arts and Sciences. With over 30 majors in the college alone, specialized programs of study to match any interest area, the opportunity for hands-on experience through our nationally-acclaimed undergraduate research program, and a campus located at the heart of an innovative college city community of over 250,000 people, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln offers the ideal Big Ten collegiate experience for students at an affordable cost.Apply now