- April 27, 2018: The 2018 Howard Rowlee Lecture will be given on Friday, April 27, by Professor David Benson, University of Aberdeen.
- Deadline Feb. 25, 2018: Order a mathematics department T-shirt or hoodie before Feb. 25. The graphic shows the state outline, filled with a tiling by Sir Roger Penrose modeled after the wooden wall piece in Avery Hall constructed by Earl Kramer, artist and emeritus professor of mathematics.
- November 1, 2017: The 11th Annual Pi Mu Epsilon Lecture "Maxwell's Problem, 150 years later: from bridges to nano-mechanics" by Professor Ileana Streinu (Smith College)
- April 21-23, 2017:
The 2017 Howard Rowlee Lecture will be given on Friday, April 21, by Professor Marta Lewicka of the University of Pittsburgh.
The Lecture will be followed by the 2017 KUMUNU Conference on PDE, Dynamical Systems and Applications, April 22-23.
- October 7, 2016: The 10th Annual Pi Mu Epsilon Lecture "Breaking Enigma the First Time" by Dr. David Saltman (Center for Communications Research)
- October 3, 2016: New undergraduate lounge for math majors opens in 18 Avery Hall.
- March 17, 2016: Jordan Ellenberg, the John D. MacArthur Professor of Mathematics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, will give the 2016 Howard Rowlee Lecture at 4 p.m. in 115 Avery Hall.
- March 3, 2016: We are excited to announce three new hires: Huijing Du, Tri Lai, and Xavier Perez will be joining our faculty in Fall 2016. Huijing Du conducts research in computational and mathematical biological modeling. Tri Lai examines enumerative and algebraic combinatorics. Xavier Perez's interests include probabilistic methods in combinatorics.
- Departmental News Archives...