- May 29, 2015 The Department website gets a new look with new University styled templates. Please bear with us as some things may be in different places or not work as expected. If you need access to the old site, you can see it at pi.unl.edu.
- May 04, 2015 The Department hosts a special tea time reception at 3:30pm in the lounge in honor of our retiring colleagues, Steve Dunbar and John Meakin.
- Apr 27, 2015 The Department Annual Recognition Reception is 5:15pm-6:45pm Monday, April 27, 2015 in the Wick Alumni Center Great Hall.
- Apr 21, 2015 Congratulations to Christina Edholm for winning a UNL Research Fair Graduate Poster Session award for her poster “Optimal Control of Diaprepes Root Weevil”.
- Apr 18-19, 2015: The Department hosts a conference on Recent Developments in Continuum Mechanics and PDEs.
- Apr 17, 2015: Irene Fonseca, Mellon College of Science University Professor of Mathematics at Carnegie Mellon University, delivers the 2015 Howard Rowlee Lecture at 4:00pm in 115 Avery Hall.
- Apr 15, 2015 Jim Lewis received the 2015 AMS Award for Impact on the Teaching and Learning of Mathematics.
- Apr 7, 2015: Congratulations to Aaron Calderon on winning a Goldwater Scholarship.
- Apr 7, 2015: Congratulations to William Jamieson on his NSF Graduate Research Fellowship.
- Mar 13, 2015: Congratulations to Allan Donsig for receiving a College Distinguished Teaching Award.
- Feb 20, 2015: Congratulations to the CSMCE’s Lindsay Augustyn for winning the Floyd S. Oldt Outstanding Staff Award.
- Jan 30, 2015: Mathematics instructors Derek Boeckner, Christine Kelley, John Myers, William Rogge, Chris True, and Cory Wright, honored for contributions to students.
- Jan 26, 2015: Lewis begins NSF leadership appointment. Jim Lewis, an Aaron Douglas Professor of mathematics, will contribute expertise to advancing U.S. efforts in education by assuming the leadership position of deputy assistant director with the National Science Foundation Directorate for Education and Human Resources.
- Jan 23-25 2015: Nebraska Conference for Undergraduate Women in Mathematics
- Jan 13, 2015: Congratulations to Anisah Numan on receiving Honorable Mention Graduate Student Research Poster for the AWM Workshop Poster session at the Joint Math Meetings in San Antonio.
- Jan 11, 2015: UNL's Lewis earns national math service award. Jim Lewis, director of UNL’s Center for Science, Mathematics and Computer Education, received the Mathematical Association of America’s highest award for service at a session of the Joint Mathematics Meetings in San Antonio.
- Nov 20, 2014: 1,506 students from 105 Nebraska high schools participated in the 25th annual UNL Math Day.
- Aug 27, 2014: Over the summer, the math resource center was renovated. It is a beautiful and welcoming space.
- Departmental News Archives...
How to Apply
Let curiosity move you to start your story at the College of Arts and Sciences. With over 30 majors in the college alone, specialized programs of study to match any interest area, the opportunity for hands-on experience through our nationally-acclaimed undergraduate research program, and a campus located at the heart of an innovative college city community of over 250,000 people, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln offers the ideal Big Ten collegiate experience for students at an affordable cost.Apply now