- Date: October 14-16, 2011 (Friday - Sunday)
- Talks in our special session will be scheduled from 4pm Friday
through 11am Sunday.
- Location: University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, NE
- Organizers: Christine Kelley and Judy Walker
- Deadline for consideration (if not invited) for inclusion in AMS Special Sessions: June 28, 2011
- Deadline for ALL Abstract Submissions: August 23, 2011
AMS Invited Addresses at the meeting
- Lewis P. Bowen, Texas A&M University, Entropy theory for actions
of sofic groups.
- Emmanuel Candes, Stanford University, Title to be
announced. (Erdös Memorial Lecture)
- Alina Cojocaru, University of Illinois at Chicago, Title to be
- Michael E. Zieve, University of Michigan, The happy marriage
between arithmetic geometry and dynamical systems.
- Friday, October 14: We plan to arrange a session dinner at a
local restaurant. There is also a Graduate Student Poster Session
at the Holiday Inn at 8pm.
- Saturday, October 15: The Erdös lecture ends at 5:30pm and is
followed by a reception until 6:30pm in the Union.
Other Special Sessions of Interest
Our session will be in Avery 110. This room has whiteboards and an
electonic projector whose
inputs can come from either a document camera, a laptop or a usb drive plugged into the computer in the room. There is also a wireless network
that visitors can access if they want to be on-line.
(You need to register your laptop before you arrive in order to be able to access the campus wireless network.
Here are instructions.)
We have made a dinner reservation for our group (speakers as well as
attendees!) at the Blue Orchid Thai Restaurant in Lincoln for Friday,
October 14 at 6:30pm. Please let us know at your convenience if you
would like to join for dinner and if you will be bringing any guests.