Opportunities for Undergraduates
Special Math Semester Programs
- Budapest Semesters
- A unique opportunity to study mathematics under Hungarian scholars and teachers. For students in their junior or senior year. May spend one or two semesters in Budapest. Expected to be through 310 & 314. Should be ready to do proof theory and 400-level mathematics.
Summer Programs Involving Research Participation
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REUs)
- Math REU Sites from the National Science Foundation
- These programs are funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF). Typically, 6–8 students go to a university site to work with a mentor on a project that involves mathematical research. The duration is about 8 weeks. Travel, room and board are covered and you get paid $1500–$2500. There are about 20 sites in math.
- National Security Agency (NSA)
- Several summer programs very similar to the REUs. Highly competitive. Students should have completed Math 310 & 314.
- Undergraduate Research at Federal Labs
- These are education programs and internships in math and science at various Federal labs. You must be a US citizen.