- Thursday, January 18 5-6 pm in 351 Avery Hall: Info Session on Mathematical Modeling, MCM and SCUDEM
Did you know you can learn about modeling everyday situations using math and take part in prestigious international math events right here at UNL?
The Mathematical Contest in Modeling (MCM) is an international contest where teams of undergraduates use mathematical modeling to present their solutions to real world problems. A team may consist of up to three students from the same school and is open to all undergraduate and high school students.
The Student Competition Using Differential Equation Modeling (SCUDEM) is open for three member teams of students at the undergraduate or lower level. SCUDEM takes place over a week-long period that begins on a Monday at each team’s individual home campus and culminates on Competition Saturday at a regional host site in the United States and beyond. UNL will be hosting SCUDEM in April 2018.
The Math Club will organize training sessions for these contests for interested students.
- Friday - Sunday, January 26-28: The 20th annual Nebraska Conference for Undergraduate Women in Mathematics
Students will have the opportunity to meet outstanding women undergraduates who share their interest in the mathematical sciences, and those who already have done research will be given an opportunity to present their results.
- Thursday-Monday February 8-12: The 2018 Mathematical Contest in Modeling
The Mathematical Contest in Modeling is an international contest where teams of undergraduates use mathematical modeling to present their solutions to real world problems. A team may consist of up to three students from the same school and is open to all undergraduate and high school students.
- Thursday, March 8 5-7 pm in 345 Avery Hall: 5-th Career Perspectives in Math Lecture
Presentation by Christina Sposato staff engineer at Intel Corporation.
- Friday and Saturday, April 20-21: The 5th Central States Mathematics Undergraduate Reseach Conference
The Central States Mathematics Undergraduate Research conferences is a celebration of research in mathematics performed by undergraduate students. The 2018 conference marks the fourth installment in this series and the first one which will take place at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.