Tom Marley's Homepage
Professor and Chief Undergraduate Advisor, Department of Mathematics
305 Avery Hall
Department of Mathematics
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68588-0130
Phone: (402) 472-7250
FAX: (402) 472-8466
Teaching (Spring 2013)
Math 310: Introduction to Modern Algebra 12:30-1:30 MWF Burn 102
Office hours: 10:30 - 11:30 MW, 1:30-2:30 Thu
My research interests lie in the field of commutative algebra, a branch of mathematics focused on the study of
algebraic equations and their solutions. The field has its origins in number theory, algebraic geometry, and invariant
Below are some of my recent publications (clicking on the title will download a pdf file):
- Hilbert coefficients and the depths of associated
graded rings , joint with Sam Huckaba, Journal of the
London Math. Soc (2) 56 (1997) 64-76.
- Cofinite modules and local cohomology , joint
with Donatella Delfino, Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra
121 (1997) 45-52.
- On associated graded rings of normal ideals , joint
with Sam Huckaba, Journal of Algebra 222 (1999), 146-163.
- The associated primes of local cohomology modules over
rings of small dimension , Manuscripta Mathematica 104 (2001), 519-525.
- Cofiniteness and associated primes of local
cohomology modules , joint with Janet Vassilev, Journal of Algebra 256 (2002), 180-193.
- Local cohomology modules with infinite dimensional
socles , joint with Janet Vassilev, Proc. of the American Math. Soc 132 (2004), 3485-3490.
- Non-Noetherian Cohen-Macaulay rings , joint with Tracy Hamilton, Journal of Algebra 307 (2007), 343-360.
- On rings for which finitely generated ideals have only finitely many minimal components, Communications
in Algebra 35 (2007), no. 5, 1757-1760.
- Gorenstein rings and irreducible parameter ideals, joint with Mark Rogers and Hideto Sakurai, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 136, no. 1 (2008),
- On the support of local cohomology, joint with Craig Huneke and Daniel Katz,
Journal of Algebra 322 (2009), no. 9, 3194-3211.
- The Auslander-Bridger formula and the Gorenstein property for coherent rings, joint with
Livia (Miller) Hummel, Journal of Commutative Algebra 1 (2009), no. 2, 283-314.
- The Frobenius functor and injective modules, Proceedings of the American Math. Soc., to appear.
Slides from recent talks:
- Frobenius and injective modules, Riverside AMS meeting, November 2013.
- Cohen-Macaulay dimension for coherent rings, Albuquerque AMS meeting, April 2014.
- Victoria Sapko, PhD 2001
- Ed Loeb, PhD 2006
- Livia Hummell, PhD 2008
- Laura Lynch, PhD 2011
- Lori McCune, PhD 2011
- Brian Johnson, PhD 2012
- Doug Dailey, current student
- Becky Egg, current student
- Brittney Turner, current student
- Marcus Webb, current student
Links of Interest