University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Office: 314 Avery Hall
jpollitz2 [at] unl.edu
CARS and KUMUNUjr
I co-organized the graduate student commutative algebra seminar (CARS) at UNL Jan. 2016-May 2018.
I co-organized KUMUNUjr 2017, 2018, and 2019 (CO-PI on grant for 2018 and 2019). Conference Photo
At UNL, I have been an instructor of record for the following classes. The number of asterisks (*) indicate the number of sections of this course I have taught.
Additionally, I was a recitation TA for math 106 (calculus 1) for two semesters and a TA for Math 808T (a course in calculus for in-service middle school and high school teachers) one summer session.
- Math 802P: Number, Geometry and Algebraic Thinking II for K-3 Math Specialists (course for in-service K-3 teachers).*
- Math 314: Linear Algebra.*
- Math 302: Math Modeling (course for pre-service K-5 teachers).*
- Math 301: Geometry Matters (course for pre-service K-5 teachers).*
- Math 300: Mathematics Matters (course for pre-service K-5 teachers).*
- Math 208: Calculus III**
- Math 203: Contemporary Mathematics.**
- Math 104: Applied Calculus.**
- Math 101: College Algebra.***
I have also been involved with some curriculum development for math department at UNL.
- I wrote WeBWork code for math 106 and 107. I wrote 80 problems for these courses that are used as online homework for the students.
- I helped develop worksheets used during group work by business calculus courses (math 104).
- Math 106 Recitation Coordinator Fall 2018.
Here are some websites that I frequent: