Office: 312 Avery Hall
ecanton2 [at] math.unl.edu
I am a sixth year Ph.D. candidate at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln, working with Wenliang
Zhang (currently at UIC). I will be a postdoc at the University of Michigan starting September 2018.
I work in algebraic geometry and commutative algebra, focusing on singularities and birational geometry in
You can view my CV.
- F-singularities and their relation to MMP singularities
- Berkovich spaces
- tropical geometry and motivic integration
- positivity and vanishing theorems
- local cohomology.
- "Berkovich log discrepancies in positive characteristic"
- "A note on injectivity of Frobenius on local cohomology of hypersurfaces"
Incorporated and expanded in the paper on complete intersections.
- "Relating F-signature and F-splitting ratio of pairs using left derivatives"
Partially incorporated into the paper on behavior of singularities near the F-pure threshold.
- "A note on injectivity of Frobenius on local cohomology of global complete intersections"
Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra, Vol. 220, Issue 8, August 2016. pp. 2879-2885
- "On the behavior of singularities near the F-pure threshold"
Joint with Daniel J. Hernández, Karl Schwede, and Emily E. Witt.
Illinois Journal of Mathematics, Vol. 60, No. 3-4, Fall and Winter 2016. pp. 669-685.
I co-organized KUMUNUjr 2015, 2016, and
2017. The 2018 website is now up and registration is open (closes March 15).
Nebraska Conference for Undergraduate Women in Mathematics (NCUWM)
I am on the organizing committee for
NCUWM 2018, which took place January 25-28, 2018 in Lincoln, NE.
Please look at our Sched site for the schedule of talks and events, as well as abstracts for all of the talks.
I wrote some Macaulay2 code that can be used for
exploration of F-signatures of pairs. It has essentially been incorporated
into this excellent
written by Daniel Hernández, Moty Katzman, Sara Malec, Karl Schwede, Pedro Teixeira, and Emily Witt.
I am a recitation TA for calculus 2 for the Spring 2018 semester.
During my time at University of Nebraska, I have been an instructor of record for the following classes:
- Math 804T: Experimentation, conjecture, and reasoning. Masters in Arts for Teachers course.
- Landscapes in Mathematics Seminar
- Math 102: Trigonometry
- Math 101: College Algebra