I have a passion for teaching mathematics that has grown substantially as I have been able to teach more classes.
As the Instructor of Record:
- Math 100A, Intermediate Algebra
- Math 102, Trigonometry
- Math 106, Calculus I
- Math 107, Calculus II
- Math 221, Differential Equations (current term)
- Math 300, Mathematics Matters*
As a Graduate Teaching Assistant:
- Math 106, Calculus I Recitation Instructor
- NebraskaMATH, Primarily Math, Teaching Assistant*
- Math 808T, Concepts in Calculus, Assistant Instructor*
* Each of these courses is comprised of pre- or in-service teachers and aims to deepen their understanding of the mathematics
they will teach.
In addition to the courses above, I served as the associate convener for Math 100A during the fall 2013 and fall 2014 semesters. Duties included
writing common exams for all sections, creating online homework assignments through the WeBWorK online homework system, and coordinating
and running weekly meetings of instructors.
I also developed curriculum for Math 100A during the summers of 2013 and 2014. Included in this task was creation of the course syllabus,
and modifying and creating new lesson plans and handouts to be used by instructors and students.
Finally, during the summer of 2016, I assisted in creating a workbook for Calculus II recitations, which is filled with practice problems and section and exam reviews.