Answer these questions about the preference schedule
for candidates A, B, C, and D given below:
# of voters 7 4 2
Choice 1 A B D
Choice 2 B D A
Choice 3 C C C
Choice 4 D A B
- (a) Is there a candidate with a majority of first place votes?
- (b) Is there a Condorcet candidate; if so, which one is it?
- (c) Find the Borda count winner.
- (d) Find the Borda count winner, assuming that C drops out of the race.
- (e) Which of the four fairness criteria are violated in this election under the Borda count?